Network Architecture Design Services
Edge Network Services, Inc. Network Architecture and Design services is capable of assisting you build an efficient, reliable, cost effective, and scalable network to meet present and future requirements. We'll work with you to design, plan, engineer, procure, implement or integrate an existing architecture into a complete network and system solution. Providing you the opportunity to spend less time worrying about how to build your network and focus instead on the possibilities it will create for your organization.
Our Network architecture philosophy is to work with you to develop an overall network and operations architecture based on your business objectives. We consider network components, functions, interfaces, data, management and control, and relationships to create a technical design plan. Assessing network technologies and finding solutions for network and operations security gaps, we'll help you reduce project risks and costs. The result is a future-proof architecture that evolves and scales as your needs change.
Our Network design philosophy is to identify network elements, sizes, capabilities and locations, and analyze the initial configurations of the network elements and components for any gaps. Focusing on switching and routing, access, signaling and control, performance and reliability, security, physical design and transport, we incorporate all important elements of design. As a result, you'll achieve an optimized network deployment that is highly reliable and resilient.
Think of what a home architect does. They first understands the customers' desires for a residence and incorporates them to come up with "designs" and detailed "plans". Once these designs are finalized, they will be implemented and executed by a builder. So, architecture deals with the design and organization phase, and is distinct from implementation.
Just like a home architect, a network system architect would go through the process of stepping back and thinking in a top-down fashion what requirements need to be met to build the network system.
The steps in the process can be summarized as follows:
- Define the goals of the system.
- Understand the technological building blocks and the cost-performance tradeoffs they present. Then, construct a system design by combining these building blocks to minimize overall system cost and meet system goals.
- Technological building blocks are subject to exponential cost-reduction trends that affect the relative cost structure of the system components, or enable new cheaper substitute components. The system design must be roughly consistent with these trends for the intended lifetime of the design.
- Technological building blocks may enable new performance dimensions that can help reshape system goals (eg: packet-switching vs circuit switching, peer-to-peer overlays vs regular internet).
- Manage the architectural complexity and make it evolution-friendly using ideas like modularity, layering and stable interfaces.
- Minimize or carefully architect any cross-layer designs or implementation optimizations to support long-run evolution, stability and interoperability of interfaces.
- Decompose system functions, organize these functions into data/control/management planes and place functions appropriately in the distributed system, guided by design principles like the end-to-end (E2E) principle.
Click here to Contact us today to learn more about our network Design Services or